Aquatic Life RO Buddie – 4 Stage Reverse Osmosis / Deionization System 50 GPD
The AQUATICLIFE RO Buddie +DI is a four-stage RO/DI unit designed for residential use to remove the Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) from tap water.
Each RO Buddie includes a Sediment, Carbon, Membrane and DI Resin cartridge.
Useful applications include smaller aquariums, fountains, humidifiers and more. With incoming water pressure at 65 PSI and water temperature at 77°F, the RO Buddie +DI will produce up to 50 gallons in a 24-hour period, or a little over two gallons per hour.
The included tubing and fittings make setup quick and easy.
- AFFORDABLE DEIONIZED WATER – The AquaticLife RO Buddie is a 4-stage reverse osmosis deionization system designed for residential use. Use RO/DI filtered water for aquariums, humidifiers and more.
- REDUCES TDS TO ZERO – This reverse osmosis water filtration system includes a Sediment, Carbon, Membrane, and DI Resin cartridge. The RO Membrane effectively removes up to 98 percent of the Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) in water. The remaining TDS is removed by the Resin.
- EFFECTIVE SEDIMENT REMOVAL – The 5-micron Sediment filter captures and reduces unwanted particulate material such as sand, silt, and rust from water which affect the taste and appearance of your water.
- CARBON FILTER REDUCES CHLORINE – The second stage of your reverse osmosis water filter is a Carbon Block filter. The 5-micron activated carbon filter reduces chlorine and conditions the water prior to the RO membrane filter.
- COLOR-CHANGING DEIONIZATION – The color-changing deionization mixed-bed resin is necessary to reduce TDS to zero in the final stage of an RO/DI system. It uses Cation and Anion beads to remove TDS from the membrane filtered water.
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 4 x 13.8 inches ; 4 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 4.5 pounds.
- Suggested water pressure: 60 PSI
- Maximum water pressure: 100 PSI
- Optimal Water Temperature: 77°F (25°C)
- Maximum Water Temperature: 105°F (40.5°C)
- Typical Rejection Rate: 1:3.4.
- In The Box: RO Unit, Cartridges, Membrane, Faucet Adapter, Membrane Wrench, 20 feet of Polyethylene Tubing.
CARTRIDGE CHANGE RECOMMENDATIONS
- STAGE 1 – SEDIMENT FILTERRecommended change 3-6 months or 1,500 gallons total or 400 gallons of filtered water. The first stage of your RO unit is a five micron sediment filter that traps sediment and other particulate matter like dirt, silt and rust which willaffect the taste and appearance of your water.
- STAGE 2 – CARBON BLOCK FILTER
Recommended change 3-6 months or 1,500 gallons total or 400 gallons of filtered water at 1 ppm Chlorine, or 200 gallons of filtered water (at 2 ppm Chlorine). The second stage of your RO unit is a carbon block filter. The activated carbon in the filter reduces chlorine and conditions the water prior to the RO membrane.
- STAGE 3 – RO MEMBRANE
Recommended change 1-2 years. The RO membrane reduces impurities known as total dissolved solids (TDS) from the water down to 1/10,000 of a micron, reducing arsenic, lead, parasitic cysts, copper and more. Because the process of filtering the high-quality water takes time, it is common to use a storage tank to collect filtered water, making it available on demand.
- STAGE 4 – COLOR CHANGING RESIN (DEIONIZATION)
Replace filter when resin changes color. After the water is filtered by the membrane, there is usually a small amount of total dissolved solids (TDS) left in the water. In certain non-drinking water applications, it is important to remove the remaining TDS from the water. This is accomplished by filtering the water through a resin that is charged with cation and anion resins (H+ and OH-). As the resin absorbs the TDS, it will change color. When all resin has changed color, it is time to replace the DI filter.
The RO Buddie will remove chlorine, but NOT chloramines. Test your water and/or check with your local water company to find out if you have chloramines in your water.